1080 Beaver Hall Hill
Phone : 514 398-0333
Fax : 514 398-0334
President and CEO
Richard Payette is President and CEO of Manulife Quebec where he is responsible for the development, implementation and execution of the Quebec strategy to advance Manulife’s position and support the company’s mission and vision in the marketplace.
Prior to joining Manulife, Richard served as CEO for the Americas Region for BDO International, with responsibility for leading, supporting, implementing and driving strategic initiatives in the region, which covered Canada, the USA, Latin America and the Caribbean. He was also President and CEO of another large accounting and consulting firm, Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton, and was a member of its international network’s executive committee.
Richard is actively involved in the social and economic development of the community. He sits on a large number of boards and advisory committees and has chaired the Board of Directors of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce and the Fédération des Chambres de Commerce du Québec.
As a CEO, Richard has gained valuable experience through his accomplishments in business transformation and team leadership. He is also recognized for his skills as a leader, communicator and visionary.
Professional Designations and Awards
• Recognized as one of the Top 25 of the financial industry in 2018
• Recipient of the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Award (2012)
• Fellow of the Quebec Order of CPAs (2008)
• Recipient of an Achievement Award from HEC honouring outstanding young professionals, corporate managers and entrepreneurs in the category of large corporations (1995)
• Bachelor of Business Administration, HEC Montréal (1982)
Selected Board, professional and community Involvement
• Member of the board of the Institut de recherches cliniques et Montréal IRCM
• Member of the Board of Directors of YMCA Canada
• Member of the Board of Directors of the Montreal Symphony Orchestra (OSM)
• Co-chair of the Capital Fundraising Campaign of the YMCAs of Québec
• Governor Member of Finance Montréal
• Member of the Presidents’ Circle
• Member and ex-administrator of the Young Presidents’ Organization (YPO/WPO Quebec Chapter)
• Member of the Canadian Health and Life Insurance Association Inc. (CHLIA), Quebec
• Former Chair of the Board of Directors of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce (CCC)
• Former Chair of the Board of Directors, Fédération des chambres de commerce du Québec (FCCQ)
• Former member of the Board of Directors and the executive and audit committees of the CHU Sainte-Justine Foundation
• Former member, Quebec chapter of the Canadian Red Cross
• Former member, Pointe-à-Callière Foundation
• Former member, Le Portage, les Petits frères des Pauvres, the Patros fundraising committee, Soirées entreprise, Théâtre Jean-Duceppe